DIA: Turning AID Around
Direct Impact Africa’s utilizes a simple model for community empowerment based on entrepreneurial principles and a simple ‘ground up’ approach. All projects funded through Explore Inc. USA and friends, and are owned 100% by community cooperatives and managed by their members. 100% of designated project funds go directly to project implementation.
Mission, Vision and Values Statement
Mission: DIA’s mission is to create economic self-sufficiency and individual
empowerment amongst rural African villagers by fostering co-op based community
owned projects rooted in sound business principles and conservation values.
Vision and Core Values: DIA believes that rural villages can become vibrant,
healthy communities through:
1) MENTORSHIP: DIA supporters ensure consistent, long-term support and
oversight until sustainability is achieved in all projects.
2) TRAINING: DIA provides gender-balanced skill and leadership training that
makes success possible in establishing food and economic security.
3) PLAY: DIA fosters educational, sport and play activities that enhance self-
esteem, teamwork, leadership and confidence.
4) HEALTH: DIA creates preventive healthcare initiatives that protect families
from debilitating disease and support mothers and children.
5) ACCOUNTABILITY: DIA holds that accountability is essential to success, and
requires adherence to clearly defined commitments and accountabilities
which are established in conjunction with project members.